I don't know about you, but I'm the type of person who uses lip balm every night before going to sleep and all those moments in between. I want my lips to feel soft and moisturized. If I don't use lip balm, they look like an old raisin, and that's not a good look, let me tell you that.
Making lip balm has been in an old dusty to-do list for so long, that now it seems the perfect time to do something about it.
I did a bit of research about what ingredients are commonly used, and luckily I had all the necessary ingredients to create my own recipe thanks to our beautiful candles and soaps.
After thinking about what I wanted to put on my lips, I got my hands on it. And voilà! Great creamy lip balm in literally less than 5 minutes. It cannot get easier than that.
For this recipe, I used a 15 ml aluminium tin from an old lip balm I had lying around. I cleaned it and poured in this beauty.
- Base ingredients
- 4 g soy wax (25%)
- 2 g cocoa butter (12,50%)
- 6 g coconut oil (37,50%)
- 4 g avocado oil (25%)
- 5 drops lime essential oil (1% of the total capacity)
- 5 drops lavender essential oil (1% of the total capacity)
Note: The capacity of my aluminium tin is 16 g. If you have a different container, you should check this post about how to calculate its capacity. Using the percentages above, you can adjust the quantities to your needs.
1. In a heat resistant container, add the soy wax, cocoa butter and coconut oil. Put it in the microwave for a minute or until it has melted almost completely.
2. With a clean spoon, stir until it's nicely mixed. Set it aside and let it cool down a bit. Do not let it get cloudy.
3. Add the essential oils and stir to blend everything evenly.
4. Pour into your container and leave it in the fridge overnight. Once it's firm, get your lips all nice and smooth.
I was shocked about how little time it takes to make lip balm, so if you are feeling a bit crafty, you should get your hands on it.
Don't forget to share this post with your friends so they can have beautiful lips too! 💋